Thursday, October 30, 2008

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Darth Vader?

We've brought the "Force" to Charlie Brown's old classic. I've NEVER carved a pumpkin before, but I let the oldest son choose a design for me to attempt this year. While I pushed for the simple "Bat signal" he went to the Dark Side and chose Darth Vader.
The Choices:

He knows Batman and Darth Vader are my favorites, so it was sweet he was thinking of me, and I'm really glad he didn't choose his favorite, Darth Maul.
Anyway, I documented the process, and without patting myself on the back too hard, I'm very pleased with the results and can't wait to fulfill his request for next year: The Dark Knight on the front, with the Bat signal shining up and out from the back like a spotlight. Awwwwwweesommmmmme!
Selection Process:
Section I dreaded:

And Finally, I wish I could type the words so you could hear the Darth Vader-like breathing at the same time, so just imagine with me...choooooo chahhhhh Happy choooo Hallo-chaaaaa ween!

No comments: